Dehong Teachers’ College (DTC)
Dehong Teachers' College, under the supervision of Yunnan Provincial Department of Education, is a full-time public higher education institution approved by Ministry of Education of the People' Republic of China. The college is located in Mangshi, the capital of Dehong Dai and Jingpo Autonomous Prefecture, Yunnan Province. Its predecessors were Dehong National Teachers' School founded in 1955, Dehong Prefectural Agricultural School in 1958, Dehong Teachers' School in 1978 and Dehong Education College established on the basis of Dehong Teachers’ School and approved by Yunnan Provincial People's Government in April, 1984. In February 2006, with the approval of the education administrative department of the State Council of China, Dehong Education College was restructured into Dehong Teachers' College. At present, the college covers an area of 1,095.20 mu or 730,133.33 square meters, with a construction area of 294,057.05 square meters, total assets of more than 1 billion yuan, 456 full-time teachers and more than 10,000 students. The school adheres to the school-running philosophy of "based in Dehong, facing Yunnan, radiating to neighboring countries, cultivating qualified teachers for basic education, and cultivating high-quality applied talents for local economic and social development" and has trained beyond 40,000 graduates, including over 500 international students. After more than 60 years of development, the college has become a local application-oriented and multi-disciplinary cross-coordinated teachers' school, with education discipline as the lead and teacher training discipline as the focus.